- Huang DB et al. A Pooled Analysis of the Phase 3 REVIVE Trials: Randomized, Double-blind Studies to EValuate the Safety and Efficacy of Iclaprim Versus Vancomycin for trEatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections. Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, article in press.
- Holland, TL et al. A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter Study To Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Intravenous Iclaprim versus Vancomycin for Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections Suspected or Confirmed To Be Due to Gram-Positive Pathogens (REVIVE-2 Study). Antimicrob Agents Chemother. May 2018 62:e02580-17
- Huang, DB et al. Surveillance of iclaprim activity: In vitro susceptibility of gram-positive pathogens collected from 2012 to 2014 from the United States, Asia Pacific, Latin American and Europe. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. Volume 90, Issue 4, April 2018, pp. 329-334.
- Aliouat, EM et al. In vitro and in vivo activity of iclaprim, a diaminopyrimidine compound and potential therapeutic alternative against Pneumocystis pneumonia. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases. March 2018, Volume 37, Issue 3, pp 409–415.
- Huang, D et al. An Updated Review of Iclaprim: A Potent and Rapidly Bactericidal Antibiotic for the Treatment of Skin and Skin Structure Infections and Nosocomial Pneumonia Caused by Gram-Positive Including Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. Volume 5, Issue 2, 1 February 2018, ofy003.
- Park, JH et al. Identification of the In Vivo Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamic Drivers of Iclaprim. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2018 Jan 29. pii: AAC.02550-17. [Epub ahead of print].
- Huang, D et al. The effect of pulmonary surfactant on the in vitro activity of Iclaprim against common respiratory bacterial pathogens. Diagnostic Microbiology & Infectious Disease. Volume 90, Issue 1, January 2018, Pages 64-66.
- Huang DB et al. In Vitro Activity of Iclaprim against Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Nonsusceptible to Daptomycin, Linezolid, or Vancomycin: A Pilot Study. Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology. Volume 2017 (2017), Article ID 3948626.
- Huang DB et al. A Phase 3, Randomized, double-blind, multicenter study to EValuate the safety and efficacy of intravenous Iclaprim versus Vancomycin for the trEatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections suspected or confirmed to be due to Gram-positive pathogens: REVIVE-1. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2017. In Press.
- Huang, D et al. Surveillance of Iclaprim Activity: In Vitro Susceptibility of Gram-positive Pathogens Collected from 2012 to 2014 From the United States, Asia Pacific, Latin American and Europe. Diagnostic Microbiology & Infectious Disease. Article in Press.
- Lodise, T et al. Use of Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Analyses to Determine the Optimal Fixed Dosing Regimen of Iclaprim for Treatment of Serious Gram-Positive Infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017 Nov 13. [Epub ahead of print]
- Huang, D et al. A Phase 2 Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Intravenous Iclaprim Versus Vancomycin for the Treatment of Nosocomial Pneumonia Suspected or Confirmed to be Due to Gram-Positive Pathogens. Clinical Therapeutics. Vol. 39, Issue 8, p1706–1718.
- Krievins D, Brandt R, Hawser S, Hadvary P, Islam K. Multicenter, randomized study of the efficacy and safety of intravenous iclaprim in complicated skin and skin structure infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2009;53(7):2834-40.
- Oefner C, Bandera M, Haldimann A, et al. Increased hydrophobic interactions of iclaprim with Staphylococcus aureus dihydrofolate reductase are responsible for the increase in affinity and antibacterial activity. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009;63(4):687-98.
- Andrews J, Honeybourne D, Ashby J, et al. Concentrations in plasma, epithelial lining fluid, alveolar macrophages and bronchial mucosa after a single intravenous dose of 1.6 mg/kg of iclaprim (AR-100) in healthy men. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;60(3):677-80
- Laue H, Valensise T, Seguin A, Hawser S, Lociuro S, Islam K. Effect of human plasma on the antimicrobial activity of iclaprim in vitro. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;60(6):1388-90.
- Schneider P, Hawser S, Islam K. Iclaprim, a novel diaminopyrimidine with potent activity on trimethoprim sensitive and resistant bacteria. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13(23):4217-21.
Presentations and Posters
ASM Microbe 2018
- An Analysis of Pooled Efficacy Data from Two Phase 3 Trials of Iclaprim Compared to Vancomycin for the Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections
- A Pooled Analysis of Two Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter Studies to Evaluate the Safety of Intravenous Iclaprim versus Vancomycin
- A Phase-3, Randomized, Double-blind, Multicentre Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Intravenous Iclaprim versus Vancomycin in the Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections Suspected or Confirmed to be due to Gram-positive Bacteria
- Potential Cost Savings Opportunities with Targeted Iclaprim (ICL) compared to Vancomycin (VAN) among Hospitalized Patients with Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infectious due to Potential Avoidance of VAN-associated Acute Kidney Injury
- Surveillance of Iclaprim Activity: in vitro Susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus Resistant to Clindamycin/Tetracycline and Beta-haemolytic Streptococci Resistant to Macrolides/ Tetracyclines in Skin and Skin-Structure Pathogens collected during 2015-2016
- Frequency of vancomycin-associated acute kidney injury and healthcare utilization among Veterans’ Affairs patients with skin and skin structure infections
- Effects of Iclaprim and Trimethoprim on Exotoxin Production by Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- Efficacy Evaluation of Iclaprim in a Neutropenic Rat Lung Infection Model with Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Entrapped in Alginate Microspheres.
- The Use of PK/PD Systems Analyses to Determine the Optimal Fixed Dosing Regimen of Iclaprim (ICL) for a Phase III ABSSSI Clinical Trial.
- Huang, D et al. A 2012–2014 Global Antimicrobial Surveillance of Iclaprim Against Clinical Strains Causing Hospital-Associated Bacterial Pneumonia (HABP) and Skin and Skin Structure Infections (SSSI). IDWeek 2016, October 2016.
- Cessation of Spread of Lesion and Absence of Fever at 72 hours in Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infection (cSSSI): Reanalysis of the Combined ASSIST Phase 3 Studies Comparing Iclaprim (ICL) and Linezolid (LZD).
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter Phase II Study to Evaluate Efficacy and Safety of Intravenous Iclaprim versus Vancomycin in the Treatment of Hospital-Acquired, Ventilator-Associated, or Health-Care-Associated Pneumonia Suspected or Confirmed Caused by Gram-positive Pathogens
- Clinical Efficacy of Iclaprim in Complicated Skin and Skin Structure Infection (cSSSI): Results of Combined ASSIST Phase 3 Studies.